Thursday 16 February 2012

Lush Lip Scrubs

I day dream of perfecting a smooth matte Red lip. The reality is the harsh baltic conditions of late in the UK means this look ends up flakey and bitty (attractive!). The freezing cold weather has left my lips in terrible condition and no amount of 8 hour cream seems to be helping. So on a recent shopping trip with my best friend we popped in to Lush to see what they had to offer and boy did they deliver!

First of all I have to comment on the staff they employ in Lush shops. They are always so eager to help and never in a pushy way, which tends to make me run a mile. Also the staff are very knowledgeable about the products, now I know this seems like a given but you'd be surprised how many times I've had employees in other unnamed shops just read the label to me! They take the time with you, demonstrate how to use the product and often even give you a sample to take away and try. So when I mentioned my flakey lip syndrome to the shop assistant she showed me their Lip Scrub and showed me how to use it.






As with most Lush products they have tried to keep the formula as natural as possible, it mainly consists of Castor Sugar and Organic Jojoba Oil. It comes in 3 flavours "Bubblegum" (Which I got... Mainly because of the colour!) "Mint Julips" a lovely minty fresh scent and "Sweet Lips" which is a sort of Chocolate Vanilla flavour. Now my absolute favourite part of this product is the fact that it's actually edible. Yes that's right, for those of you with a sweet tooth, you have an extra excuse to get a sugar rush. You literally rub the product onto the lips gently then lick it off. The shop assistant said it was her favourite product to demonstrate and I can see why, she even made the admission that she could sit and eat a pot with a spoon (Disclaimer: I don't recommend this. You'll probably be sick!).

This has solved my flake lip syndrome (happy days!) and I'm even tempted to go and get the other two flavours.

No comments:

Post a Comment