Tuesday 21 February 2012

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation

Devastated is not the word to describe how I felt when I heard Chanel were getting rid of their Pro Lumiere foundation. The reality is, whilst I didn't use it day to day, it was the perfect foundation to wear on a night out. The full coverage was a blessing for my skin, which often gets very blotchy and red once alcohol is added to the mix.


So when Chanel announced the launch of their new Perfection Lumiere I thought I'd give it a go and see if it would fill the Pro Lumiere shaped void in my life. I've been using it on and off for a few weeks now, just to make sure I could make a fair judgement on it, and over all I really like it.


When I first tried it, my skin was having a bit of a rough ride with the Baltic conditions. For me, when it gets cold I get eczema-like dry, red patches around my mouth and nose, which are really stubborn and look terrible with any make up on. I found this to be the case with the Perfection Lumiere as well (it just clung to the dry patches and looked very chalky) but hey, I'm not expecting miracles.




I persevered all the same and have since tried it on clear skin (after a brief fling with Superdrug's hot cloth cleanser, I have officially moved back to the slightly more sophisticated Liz Earle version and my skin is thanking me for it). Perfection Lumiere promises to offer a light weight, invisible, semi-matte texture, suitable for all skin types. While I don't necessarily agree it is suitable for all skin types, since using it on clearer skin I absolutely loved it.


The first thing I noticed about the foundation was the fragrance. Now I know some people aren't fond of fragranced foundations, but I love the scent of it which is a light, delicate, powdery smell. It applied smoothly and left my skin feeling so silky, and not in the slightest bit oily or greasy, a definite bonus for me. Overall I'm impressed. It certainly doesn't replace Pro Lumiere since the two had very different formulations and different purposes but I enjoy it as a foundation all the same. I will continue to enjoy having a slightly perfumed face! 




No comments:

Post a Comment