Tuesday 18 October 2011

Winter Warmers

I've said it before, I'm not a winter kind of girl. Given the choice I would bed down and hibernate all winter, like some of our wiser mammal friends. I hate the shorter days, I hate the way the weather affects my skin and lips and I HATE having to wear a coat. BAH HUMBUG!

But noone can deny that winter time (specifically Christmas) is when the prettiest of limited edition beauty treasures arrive. Sparkling, shining and ready to lure you into believing you NEED it in your Christmas stocking.

And noone could offer a finer example than China Glaze with their "Let It Snow" collection. Twinkle Lights being the stand colour for me, although interestingly similar to Rainbow Connection from the OPI Muppets collection. From what I can see from pictures, Rainbow Connection has larger pieces of glitter which could possibly make a solid glitter nail slightly easier to achieve. I also like the look of Poinsettia from the "Let It Snow" collection since I've got a new found obsession with bright or blood reds (Or "Slapper Red" as my Aunty likes to call it).

Shu
Uemura also offered a very short teaser video of their "Wong Kar Wai Holiday 2011" Collection. All the gold glitter makes me feel all Christmassy...



The collection is said to contain 2 different sets of limited edition lashes along with a glitter mascara and various other sparklies!

So have I made myself clear on this post?... My name is Ruth and I have a glitter addiction!


No comments:

Post a Comment