Monday 12 September 2011

Giving in to OCD

OCD is an old friend of mine, we go way back. It seems that I'm just always looking for ways to organise things, which doesn't exactly go hand in hand with my love of hoarding.

Coming from a family of hoarders, I learnt from the best but I've decided enough is enough! Now is as good a time as any to start chucking half used, dried up mascara's, shoes that have gone unworn for over a year and some questionable fancy dress outfits lurking under the bed.

Of course the only thing a clear out means is there is now extra space to fill with nice shiny new things.

Must... Fight... Temptation!

One of these new shiny things is something I can't get enough of at the moment. Now I do realise I'm very behind in this but I've only just got round to trying Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish. I think I put it off for so long after a close friend who used to work in skin care gave it a rather lacklustre review. The same cannot however, be said for my skin! My skin LOVES this and so do I. I'm yet to find anything bad to say about it but I absolutely adore the way it has helped my skin in transitioning from sunny(ish) Summer to blustery chilly Autumn. The Eucalyptus essential oils in this cleanser leave a really nice fresh feeling which is personally what I like from a cleanser. The blurb promises the product will "help reveal clean, soft and radiant skin", and I for one can vouch for this.

Another product I've been extremely slow on the uptake with (and so slow I'm almost ashamed to admit this) is Gel Eyeliner. Those that know me will know my love for a strong dark cat eye which almost makes it even more unbelievable that I hadn't tried it. The thing is, I've always been a liquid liner kind of girl and I just couldn't bear to part with it...

However... I decided to bite the bullet and try with a drug store brand, for fear of loathing the product so much I had the guilt of spending a bomb on it hanging over my head. So off I tottered to Boots to pick up the Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner, the only one that sprung to mind since the awkward ad campaign featuring T4's Jameela Jamil *Shudder* Well I suppose if anything it's an advert remembered for it's irritation factor, joining the likes of "Go Compare" and "Comparethemarket.com"!

Cheesy ad aside I fell in love with the gel liner and the old faithful Rimmel liquid liner is now crying in the corner of my make up bag. So all in all two excellent new shiny things to fill all the gaps.



No comments:

Post a Comment